A 29-year-old corps member Uzohcukwu Chinevu, undergoing his NYSC in Zamfa ra State, died on September 17, after slumping while playing basketball. Uzohcukwu is former president of the Association of Applied Biology and Biotechnology, Enugu State University Technology. He will be laid to rest in his hometown, Igbo-Etiti, Enugu State on Monday, September 25.
"Dear Mr President, I am one of your unapologetic admirers, I went all ways to advocate for your emergence . I lost friendships and resources promoting your candidature. In fact, I named my son after you; I call him Muhammadu Buhari - all these I did because I wholeheartedly believe in you. Everyday I pray for your success, I pray for your good health - I spend energy defending your actions even in the face of obvious indefensible template. I am dangerously linked to your person and ideology that I can take bullet for you. However, recently manifestations from your desk has left me somewhat helpless and deflated. You are demystifying the phenomenal brand called Muhammadu Buhari. Laxity and overt complacency is taking over your fascinating antecedents. You are withering away your goodwill so fast. Your too democratic stance is not helping the wheel of governance. You are leaving too a wide room for indolence. Your lieutenants are abusing responsibilities while you watch ...
94 year old Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! What a great blessing! The Sheikh is indeed blessed; physically fit, mentally sound, socially admired, economically buoyant, politically influential and academically intellectual. May Allah continue showering His blessings on the Sheikh. BIOGRAPHY OF SHEIKH DAHIRU USMAN BAUCHI Sheikh Tahiru Usman Bauchi was born in Gombe located in the northern region of Nigeria. His parents were from Bauchi while his maternal linage had its roots from Gombe. Sheikh Tahiru was born in during Hijra 1346, equivalent to June 28, 1927 in the Gregorian calendar. From a very young age, Sheikh Tahiru studied the Holy Qur’an extensively under the tutelage and supervision of his father Alhaji Usman. His father taught him the Holy Qur’an to the point that he could flawlessly recite the entire Qur’an from memory. According to Sheikh Tahiru, it was from his father (who himself was reputed for reciting the Holy Qur’an off head) that I received the Tijan...
Kaduna State commissioner for education, Professor Jonathan Andrew Nok is dead. He died today shortly after a brief illness. Mr Andrew was a professor of Biochemistry, won many national and international awards. In 2010, he won Nigeria’s highest academic honour, the Nigerian National Order of Merit, NNOM, in the science category. Professor Andrew Nok, was said to be the first person in the world to discover the gene responsible for an enzyme which causes sleeping sickness. He was a graduate of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria 1983, born at Nok village in Jaba local government Area of Kaduna state on January 11, 1962.
By Salis Muhammad Moriki I have not uttered a word since the State Government/Labour Union fracas started, because the last time the Labour Union resolved to take similar action against the government, they ended up disappointing me and the generality of the people. At the end of the struggle, the Union will succumb to pressure and threat, resolve to end the industrial strike without actualising, at least, 1% of its demands despite the unremorseful, strong-headedness and I don't care attitude of the governor. This comes up after the action of the Labour Union (strike) subjected the generality of the people to unjustifiable harshness and suffer and crippled the already crippled or non existing economy that sees more than 90% of the population in destitution. If not the civil servants/people have been pushed to the wall, they might not have supported the Union on this, because they have failed and betrayed them on many occasions. To justify my argument, while the state is in...
Social Plugin