Death threatens patients as a result of strike in Zamfara state.
Watch the following video clip and see how patients seeking treatment at the Yariman Bakura Specialist Hospital Gusau, but unable to access proper health care due to the strike action embarked upon by the Joint Labour Union of almost one week.
Aisha’s Appointment Is In Order - Dr Aliyu Tilde
Last night, I received a Whatsapp message from a newspaper editor showing that a new Deputy Governor, Aisha Ahmad, “was quickly appointed an ED in Diamond Bank Wednesday morning and immediately appointed Deputy Governor of CBN (same) Wednesday evening.” The text ended asking, “Do you smell a rat in this???” Aisha has been in the social media for a while for the wrong reason of her dress which is seen as inappropriate for a Muslim lady. I never cared to read any of those posts. Dressing of public officials, when Nigerians continue to die for lack of food and healthcare, is an indulgence I cannot afford. But among my concern as a public commentator are appointments because they tell what quality of public service Nigerians will have. Naturally I picked interest in the Whatsapp message and pasted on my Facebook wall before I went to bed, enquiring the veracity of the charge that it may carry any smelling rat. (My Facebook Wall has particularly for the past five years been my useful...
Social Plugin